Wet shaving is a traditional method of shaving you can try. Although, there are several changes that we have seen with the rise of technology. We have barttrimmer test that you can do at your home to determine the best shaving set according to your needs. In this article, we are going to guide you through all the do and don’t while doing a wet shave.
Let’s begin with the basic of doing a wet shave:
- The first and most important thing that needs to be done is to get into an environment. You should never try to rush through a wet shave. Doing a shave is a thoughtful process in which you need to take care of several things beforehand. Moreover, rushing through the shaving process can lead to razor cuts.
- Secondly, you should invest in a good razor and a shaving cream. These are the most important things that you need when you are doing a wet shave. Moreover, getting a good razor and shaving cream will give you the desired result after shaving as well.
- There are different kinds of shaving brushes that you can buy according to your needs. Make sure that whatever you get suits your skin. You can get a mid-range shaving cream that is going to work as good as an expensive one. You can opt for Badger brush, boar brush, horse brush, or synthetic brush whatever is easily available to you.
- Before you start with the shaving process make sure that you soak your brush and shaving gel in warm water. This will make the brush more smooth and you will get a good foam from your shaving cream as well.
Let us move into the shaving process:
- The first thing to do as you start with shaving is to get your face properly wet. You can even put a warm towel around your face and neck that will soften your hair and would make the shaving process much easier.
- Before you start shaving make sure that you apply pre-shave oil to your face and neck area. This will provide lubrication to your razor and will work as an anti-septic in case you get a cut.
- Apply shaving cream to your face and start rubbing it with the shaving brush. You should swirl the brush until you get a nice lather on your face. You should try to use a minimal amount of shaving cream as your brush is going to take care of the rest. You can move your brush in circular motions so that you get a good layer of lather on your beard.
- After all this, you can start with the razor. Make sure you use a good quality razor. You can start in the direction of your hair grain. You hold your razor at 90 degrees and start shaving. Make sure that you do not apply any pressure as that might lead to cuts and bruises.
- As you get more used to wet shaving you can shave more closer and neatly. Also, make sure that you wash your razor after every stroke.
When you are done shaving you can wash your face properly and apply aftershave gel to your face. Do not rush to harshly as that might increase the irritation. Moreover, you can use a dry towel and pat that on your face to dry it out. Lastly, you can start with cleaning up your razor and shaving brush and put them back in your shaving kit.